No products in the cart.
Nausea and loss of appetite, commonly caused by the malfunctioning of the digestive system, brings stress in an individual’s life resulting in rapid weight loss, fatigue and malnutrition if not treated on time. The drugs and medicines given to patients suffering from nausea and anorexia prove useful for a time but usually come with serious side effects increasing the suffering of an individual instead of reducing it. In the studies conducted in the 1970s, it was found out by several doctors and therapists that marijuana is a wonder drug that gives instant relief from nausea and pain.
Marijuana or cannabis strains prove effective in curing nausea and loss of appetite in different situations explained below:
- Marijuana, an efficient antiemetic or anti-nausea medicine, helps to reduce the symptoms of nausea in cancer patients after chemotherapy or radiationtreatment. It is advisable to smoke marijuana immediately after cancer therapy to get instant relief from nausea.
- Using marijuana during AIDStreatment also proves to be effective in curing the feeling of nausea caused due to the treatment.
- Durban Poison, a kind of marijuana, is considered to be the most reliable and efficient cure for nausea caused due to minor ailments and malfunctioning of the digestive system.
- Different strains of cannabis, particularly THC, are helpful in developing and controlling the appetite among the peoplesuffering from anorexia. Cannabis is considered to be the potent appetite stimulant which boosts the need for eating more in its users.
- Cannabis strains or marijuana also aid in controlling vomiting caused by physical disorders and sickness in individuals.
The Harvard psychiatristDr. Lester Grinspoon described the effectiveness and efficiency of marijuana in controlling, reducing and curing various ailments including nausea, vomiting and anorexia in his book Marijuana Reconsidered (1971). Among the different antibiotics and treatment therapies adopted by the doctors and therapists to cure nausea and gain appetite control, particularly among the patients with cancer and AIDS, smoking marijuana has proved to be the most efficient treatment in mitigating the symptoms and after effects of these ailments. It is the very reason that marijuana is now frequently prescribed by doctors and therapists to cure nausea and loss of appetite.